Translate

Monday, February 11, 2013

Modeling

At the end of November I modeled in Indonesia for the first time.  My city partner "Idaho" and I spend around three hours in hair and makeup.  Here they have different standards of beauty and think white skin is prettier than tan skin (and braces are attractive-but I was spared from those-sudah ("been there, done that"), so I think they may have actually whitened my skin before they applied foundation, which I was not very happy about.  Idaho ended up getting half of her eyebrows shaved off, which she didn't realize until after washing off all her makeup.  She had a permanent slightly quizzical expression for about a month after that.
Modeling here was incredibly fun, though it was basically impossible to stand in my 5+ inch heels.  It was great to work with the male model, Rexi, though, seeing as I hadn't been allowed to stand within touching distance of a male for about three months at that point.


Also I got to meet many of the secret gay Indonesian community, which was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment